Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sometimes internet is not as great as you think

Well I can post again. I don't know how my blog was flagged for spam but its fixed now and all is good.
What a day I had. 13 girls came by (because I invited them)and we spent the day making t-shirts for our tournament games next week. We are the top team and all of us are nervous. 13 nervous girls in my house was crazy. We had paint ever where and did a lot of laughing and with the laughing there was a lot of talk. I stopped for a while and leaned back on the counter to listen. I wondered if when I was young if I worried about the same things as these girls do. I tried to think back to when my friends can over and we would sit in my room and talk and listen to music all afternoon. I came to the conclusion that these 13 girls were not much different then I was at their age. Even when I was cleaning the mess I would think of the day I was able to spend with them and would find myself smiling.

2 comments:

johngoldfine said...

I sat behind a bunch of junior high age girls at the movie 'Juno' last night. They seemed to be jabbering about the same stuff jhs girls always do--lots of teasing, giggling, pointing across a few rows to a bunch of boys, bouncing in their seats, shaking their hairdos in the air, poking each other, dropping candy and squealing.... Sound right?

Karen Paul said...

that just about covers it.