Friday, January 18, 2008

Jan. 18, 2008

Today was a great day. We were lucky to have school and I was able to help and see my students grow as children and learners. My girls basketball team won their game and each worked hard and as a team. I have a great group of 13 girls who are willing to learn and also to show what they are learning. They are strong girls that one day will go out into the world and make a difference.
My children are happy and have plans for their future that they are working at to make their own. My baby said book for a new word, maybe it will replace the word mine.
Today was a great day.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

Congratulations on the finalization of the adoption--I remember sitting in the judge's chamber worrying, not quite sure about what, but there you go.... Another nice follow-up in our case was when my daughter was made a citizen.

So, I take your point here: two "great days" bracketing a collection of ordinary but important things. Great is not necessarily Disneyworld; great can be simple as a new word from the baby.