Sunday, May 11, 2008

Week Sixteen

Have never viewed myself as a writer, I keep a journal of everyday things, or something I find interesting but that has been about it. This class has made me feel comfortable to write and have that writing viewed and commented on. I still find myself focusing on mostly one thing in my writing (family) but that is what is most on my mind.

I hope to write more after this class and work on other topics, views, people, and feelings. I have found that writing is a great way to express myself, clear my head, and even relax. Writing has helped me think things through and take a different approach to my writing. I find myself still thinking to hard about what I want to write and need to just clear my head and write, stop thing so hard, second-guessing myself and let it come from my head and out my finger tips. That is still a work in progress, but what isn’t.
I have really enjoyed this class and was able to learn a lot about my writing and myself. Having others writings to view was helpful because I always wonder if what I am writing is what you have asked for and that is could be where the thinking and planning comes from. The last few writings I have just sat down and wrote about what comes to mind and its been ok. I fell that this class has been a benefit to my writing and hope to take what I have learned and use it to write more.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

Yes, definitely avoid second-guessing in writing! Glad the course had some useful stuff for you, Karen, and I enjoyed reading your material.