Sunday, March 02, 2008

Theme Four Black and White

Having had to pick my son up at 1:30 in the morning at his girlfriend’s house after his first semi-formal dance. The baby woke up at 12:30 and usually if I just letting him fuss for a few minutes and he goes back to sleep this would not be the case tonight. My daughter is lying on the couch watching a movie. I bring the baby out to rock him and he lies in my arms and goes right back to sleep. I rock him for a little while and at 1:00 I try to lay him back down. He wakes back up and I return to the rocking chair once again. This time he lays in my arms but doesn’t go back to sleep. I am to leave at 1:15 to make it to Orono by 1:30. My son will not go to my daughter and I end up dressing him to go with me. My daughter rides down and my son is awake all the way. I make it to Orono at 1:39 and pick up my son and his friend that will be spending the weekend with us. When we return to the house the baby decides that he wants to stay up with the boys and lays down with my son who is sleeping in the livingroom because his room is to small for two teenage boys. I go to bed and my son goes from the living room to my bedroom a few times before finally laying down with me to sleep at 2:48. He is up at 7:30 and I have a head ach.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

Sounds pretty black and white to me--just the facts, ma'am.